New in linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on New in linux - Embedded ; Hello!I'm new in Linux. Witch distribution should i use for the begining? Best regards, xuan.rias@booomail.com master@poweroversoftware.com http://www.poweroversoftware.com...

  1. New in linux

    Hello!I'm new in Linux. Witch distribution should i use for the begining?

    Best regards,
    xuan.rias@booomail.com
    master@poweroversoftware.com
    http://www.poweroversoftware.com

  2. Re: New in linux

    xuan.rias@balcanicsoft.com wrote:
    > Hello!I'm new in Linux. Witch distribution should i use for the begining?

    For desktop, or embedded?

    For desktop, I prefer and recommend Debian (together with the latest KDE).
    Others would probably recommend the Debian-based Ubuntu distro (I'd go
    with Kubuntu, since I don't like Gnome, and love KDE).

    Really, it's like asking someone what kind of cheese to eat or what's
    the best flavor ice cream. Depends on who you ask.

    --
    -bill!
    bill@newbreedsoftware.com

+ Reply to Thread