ARM9 & wifi & webcam - Embedded

This is a discussion on ARM9 & wifi & webcam - Embedded ; Hello. I just had bought dev. computer board, processor AT91SAM9260, 64MB ram, 512 MB flash & 8Gb SD card. Now there is Debian,custom build kernel 2.6.23 witch patches - installed by board seller. I'm installing Gentoo now, and while waiting ...

  1. ARM9 & wifi & webcam

    Hello.

    I just had bought dev. computer board, processor AT91SAM9260, 64MB ram,
    512 MB flash & 8Gb SD card.
    Now there is Debian,custom build kernel 2.6.23 witch patches - installed
    by board seller.

    I'm installing Gentoo now, and while waiting to complete I have a few
    questions:

    ndiswrapper works well under ARM9? is there any tutorial howto
    cross-compile&config ndiswrapper for ARM9?
    or wifi chips@USB are supported natively? what wifi chips are well
    supported on ARM9?

    I have ralink wifi card, works well with my laptop@Gentoo, but It will
    work with ARM9?

    I want connect webcam to ARM9. it is possible? what hardware are
    recommended?
    I have to port webcam drivers by myself, or anyone did it already?

    And I have crazy idea.....

    Purpose: Some onboard image processing/reading sensors--> controlling my
    small robot.
    ARM9 will be talking through rs232 or/and SPI to ARM7 which already
    quite well control robot's hardware.

    I know well ARM7 & AVR, and programming it without OS, and witch
    freeRTOS (always very small memory & resources),
    bud I'm just starting with embedded Linux and ARM9.

    Please any advice, links to howtos....and what is useful for beginner,
    e.g books or wiki?.

    Mariusz Koniarz

    sorry for poor English

  2. Re: ARM9 & wifi & webcam

    Mariusz Koniarz wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just had bought dev. computer board, processor AT91SAM9260, 64MB ram,
    > 512 MB flash & 8Gb SD card.
    > Now there is Debian,custom build kernel 2.6.23 witch patches - installed
    > by board seller.
    >
    > I'm installing Gentoo now, and while waiting to complete I have a few
    > questions:
    >

    > ndiswrapper works well under ARM9? is there any tutorial howto
    > cross-compile&config ndiswrapper for ARM9?
    > or wifi chips@USB are supported natively? what wifi chips are well
    > supported on ARM9?
    >
    > I have ralink wifi card, works well with my laptop@Gentoo, but It will
    > work with ARM9?
    >
    > I want connect webcam to ARM9. it is possible? what hardware are
    > recommended?
    > I have to port webcam drivers by myself, or anyone did it already?
    >
    > And I have crazy idea.....
    >
    > Purpose: Some onboard image processing/reading sensors--> controlling my
    > small robot.
    > ARM9 will be talking through rs232 or/and SPI to ARM7 which already
    > quite well control robot's hardware.
    >

    > I know well ARM7 & AVR, and programming it without OS, and witch
    > freeRTOS (always very small memory & resources),
    > bud I'm just starting with embedded Linux and ARM9.
    >

    > Please any advice, links to howtos....and what is useful for beginner,
    > e.g books or wiki?.
    >

    > Mariusz Koniarz
    >
    > sorry for poor English

    Don't worry, your english is fine. But, please don't multi-post. Your
    question was answered on comp.arch.embedded. Those reading it here will
    be wasting their time answering it again. If the question is on-topic to
    more than one newsgroup then you should cross-post it. If you don't know
    the difference between cross-posting and multi-posting, please look it up.

    Bob

  3. Re: ARM9 & wifi & webcam

    Bob wrote:

    > Don't worry, your english is fine. But, please don't multi-post. Your
    > question was answered on comp.arch.embedded. Those reading it here
    > will be wasting their time answering it again. If the question is
    > on-topic to more than one newsgroup then you should cross-post it. If
    > you don't know the difference between cross-posting and multi-posting,
    > please look it up.

    Hmm, post on comp.arch.embedded had this same title, but there I added
    more questions, so it wasn't strictly multi-posting. I know how to
    cross-post.

    I got answer for only my first question, but what about another?

    Yes, my fault - many questions in single post... sorry for that. I'll be
    better next time.

    So once more the most important question:

    Well working, or simply working webcam@USB with ARM9
    or hints what webcam drivers are easy portable.

    Mariusz

+ Reply to Thread