"Building Embedded Linux Systems" - Embedded

This is a discussion on "Building Embedded Linux Systems" - Embedded ; Hello all, I'm looking to learn embedded Linux and set up a simple system, would this book be a good place to start? I see that they are about to release the 2nd edition, so I'll get that if it's ...

  1. "Building Embedded Linux Systems"

    Hello all,

    I'm looking to learn embedded Linux and set up a simple system, would this
    book be a good place to start? I see that they are about to release the 2nd
    edition, so I'll get that if it's recommended?

    Also, what suitable off-the-shelf development hardware is available, that
    would be suitable for running a simple Linux system?

    (I'm in the UK by the way)

    Regards,
    Richard.

  2. Re: "Building Embedded Linux Systems"

    Richard Phillips wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm looking to learn embedded Linux and set up a simple system, would this
    > book be a good place to start? I see that they are about to release the 2nd
    > edition, so I'll get that if it's recommended?
    >
    > Also, what suitable off-the-shelf development hardware is available, that
    > would be suitable for running a simple Linux system?
    >
    > (I'm in the UK by the way)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard.

    www.gumstix.com

    Let me know how you get on, cos I want to mess with them too. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread