Porting uClinux or Snapgear Linux to SE2810 board - Embedded

This is a discussion on Porting uClinux or Snapgear Linux to SE2810 board - Embedded ; I recently received a SE2810 board (looks like a SE2580) and would like to load up Snapgear Linux or uClinux for testing. After reading through the docs found on uclinux.org, I got a PC with RedHat 7.3 installed and configured. ...

  1. Porting uClinux or Snapgear Linux to SE2810 board

    I recently received a SE2810 board (looks like a SE2580) and would like
    to load up Snapgear Linux or uClinux for testing. After reading
    through the docs found on uclinux.org, I got a PC with RedHat 7.3
    installed and configured. Also I installed toolchain/distribution, and
    compiled the basics. But I got stuck on the process of communicating
    with the SE2810 board. It seems some script in the existing
    firmware/bootloader keeps running so I couldn't even get to the command
    prompt via minicom. Can anyone kindly tell me if there's a way to get
    to the prompt or better yet, stop or even remove the unwanted exiting
    bootloader? Thanks in advance.

    Henry

  2. Re: Porting uClinux or Snapgear Linux to SE2810 board

    Hi Henry,

    > I recently received a SE2810 board (looks like a SE2580) and would like
    > to load up Snapgear Linux or uClinux for testing. After reading
    > through the docs found on uclinux.org, I got a PC with RedHat 7.3
    > installed and configured. Also I installed toolchain/distribution, and
    > compiled the basics. But I got stuck on the process of communicating
    > with the SE2810 board. It seems some script in the existing
    > firmware/bootloader keeps running so I couldn't even get to the command
    > prompt via minicom. Can anyone kindly tell me if there's a way to get
    > to the prompt or better yet, stop or even remove the unwanted exiting
    > bootloader? Thanks in advance.

    Have you tried ctrl-C on the console? can you actually tell what script is running?

    Alternately, if you hold the reset button in while you plug in the power,
    the bootloader will try and load an image off a tftp server via ethernet.
    You will need a special recovery image for this, not a standard flash image.

    Regards,

    Damion de Soto - Software Engineer email: damion@cyberguard.com.au
    CyberGuard Corporation ---- ph: +61 7 3435 2809
    | Custom Embedded Solutions fax: +61 7 3891 3630
    | and Security Appliances web: http://www.cyberguard.com
    ---- Free Embedded Linux Distro at http://www.snapgear.org ----

+ Reply to Thread