Installing an OS on pc/104 computer - Embedded

This is a discussion on Installing an OS on pc/104 computer - Embedded ; Hello All, I recently purchased a PC/104 and I'd like to install an OS on it. Who wouldn't? The problem is that I am having trouble connecting my CD-ROM drive to the PC/104. Is there an easy way to do ...

  1. Installing an OS on pc/104 computer

    Hello All,

    I recently purchased a PC/104 and I'd like to install an OS on it. Who
    wouldn't? The problem is that I am having trouble connecting my CD-ROM
    drive to the PC/104. Is there an easy way to do this. I have cables
    that convert 40pin IDE to 44 pin IDE which the PC/104 uses. But I'm
    having to separately power-on the CD-ROM and the PC/104 because CD-ROM
    needs 12V while PC/104 only needs 5V. Has anyone run into similar
    problems and has a solution?

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. Re: Installing an OS on pc/104 computer

    Take a old PC power supply, so you can use 5V and 12V. Later you can
    look far a suitable power supply.

    Bye, Sven

  3. Re: Installing an OS on pc/104 computer

    In article <1125008359.615568.162780@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    "dbudik" writes:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I recently purchased a PC/104 and I'd like to install an OS on it. Who
    > wouldn't? The problem is that I am having trouble connecting my CD-ROM
    > drive to the PC/104. Is there an easy way to do this. I have cables
    > that convert 40pin IDE to 44 pin IDE which the PC/104 uses. But I'm
    > having to separately power-on the CD-ROM and the PC/104 because CD-ROM
    > needs 12V while PC/104 only needs 5V. Has anyone run into similar
    > problems and has a solution?

    the pc/104 computers we've been using incude a console port that accesses
    a flash based debugger. If yours also has this feature then you should
    be able to prepare a kernel on a PC cross development platform, then
    send the generated image to the pc/104 as s-records across the serial
    console connection.

+ Reply to Thread