Keep assembler output - Embedded

This is a discussion on Keep assembler output - Embedded ; I am writing a kernel module and I would like to examine the assembly output generated by the compiler. How can I do this when my makefile is invoked from the kernel makefile? I am cross compiling for PPC. kernel ...

  1. Keep assembler output

    I am writing a kernel module and I would like to examine the assembly
    output generated by the compiler. How can I do this when my makefile is
    invoked from the kernel makefile?

    I am cross compiling for PPC.

    kernel 2.6.12.3
    gcc 3.3.5

    Thanks,

    Gregg

  2. Re: Keep assembler output

    In article <1124475626.146728.97110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    "gb" writes:
    > I am writing a kernel module and I would like to examine the assembly
    > output generated by the compiler. How can I do this when my makefile is
    > invoked from the kernel makefile?
    >
    > I am cross compiling for PPC.

    these are only guesses since I haven't done this myself

    COPTS=-S make

    or edit the kernel makefiles to include the -S on applicable lines?

+ Reply to Thread