porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7 - Embedded

This is a discussion on porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7 - Embedded ; Hello, All! Did anybody try to compile bind-8.2.3 for ARM7 target? I was able to compile only library libbind.a (although it took some efforts), but nevertheless I can't use this library properly. For example, if I link it with my ...

  1. porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

    Hello, All!

    Did anybody try to compile bind-8.2.3 for ARM7 target? I was able to compile
    only library libbind.a (although it took some efforts), but nevertheless I
    can't use this library properly. For example, if I link it with my
    application, I get the error like this:

    /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(res_send.o): In function
    `send_dg':
    /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/resolv/res_send.c:705: undefined reference to
    `pselect'
    /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.o): In function
    `__evGetNext':
    /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303: undefined reference to
    `pselect'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom (i.e. ARM).
    Does anybody can give some clue.

    Thanks.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

  2. Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

    Roman Mashak wrote:
    > Hello, All!
    >
    > Did anybody try to compile bind-8.2.3 for ARM7 target? I was able to compile
    > only library libbind.a (although it took some efforts), but nevertheless I
    > can't use this library properly. For example, if I link it with my
    > application, I get the error like this:
    >
    > /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(res_send.o): In function
    > `send_dg':
    > /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/resolv/res_send.c:705: undefined reference to
    > `pselect'
    > /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.o): In function
    > `__evGetNext':
    > /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303: undefined reference to
    > `pselect'
    > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    >
    > Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom (i.e. ARM).
    > Does anybody can give some clue.

    It seems that you do not have the library with
    the function pselect() in your target.

    IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most
    basic of C runtime libraries.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  3. Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

    Hello, Tauno!
    You wrote on Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:27:28 GMT:

    ??>> `pselect' /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.
    ??>> o): In function
    ??>> `__evGetNext': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303:
    ??>> undefined reference to `pselect' collect2: ld returned 1 exit
    ??>> status Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom
    ??>> (i.e. ARM). Does anybody can give some clue.

    TV> It seems that you do not have the library with
    TV> the function pselect() in your target.

    TV> IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most
    TV> basic of C runtime libraries.
    Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I checked
    uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of 'pselect/select'
    implementations....

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

  4. Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

    Roman Mashak wrote:
    > Hello, Tauno!
    > You wrote on Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:27:28 GMT:
    >
    > ??>> `pselect' /ext/mrv/my_local/usr/local/bind/lib/libbind_arm.a(eventlib.
    > ??>> o): In function
    > ??>> `__evGetNext': /ext/mrv/wrk/dhis/bind/src/lib/isc/eventlib.c:303:
    > ??>> undefined reference to `pselect' collect2: ld returned 1 exit
    > ??>> status Seems the problem is in 'pselect' behavior on target platfrom
    > ??>> (i.e. ARM). Does anybody can give some clue.
    >
    > TV> It seems that you do not have the library with
    > TV> the function pselect() in your target.
    >
    > TV> IIRC, pselect() is a POSIX function, not in the most
    > TV> basic of C runtime libraries.
    > Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I checked
    > uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of 'pselect/select'
    > implementations....

    I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module
    for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect()
    is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it
    is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

    You could try get the glibc2 source of the function
    and add it to your code as a separate module.

    HTH

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  5. Re: porting bind-8.2.3 on ARM7

    Hello, Tauno!
    You wrote on Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:54:23 GMT:

    ??>> Can you recommend some libraries having support for this function? I
    ??>> checked uclibc and newlib - they have some mentions of
    ??>> 'pselect/select' implementations....

    TV> I checked my copy of newlib sources. There is only a module
    TV> for select(). The manpage says that the function pselect()
    TV> is in glibc2 (the full-size Linux C runtime), and that it
    TV> is not completely implemented as for the signal race.

    TV> You could try get the glibc2 source of the function
    TV> and add it to your code as a separate module.
    That sounds reasonable. But I'm afraid it's not the all. In case if I will
    port bind9, I should also compile a few libraries (that are linked to bind)
    with arm-compiler, and it will cause new problems.

    Anyway thank you for your advice.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

+ Reply to Thread