steps in bringing a usb device up on a linux machine - Embedded

This is a discussion on steps in bringing a usb device up on a linux machine - Embedded ; Hi, I need to know the steps in bringing in the usb device up when a usb device is connected right from what happens when the board is powered on.Any pointers are appreciated.Thanks in advance....

  1. steps in bringing a usb device up on a linux machine

    Hi,

    I need to know the steps in bringing in the usb device up when a usb
    device is connected right from what happens when the board is powered
    on.Any pointers are appreciated.Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: steps in bringing a usb device up on a linux machine

    ramkey wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to know the steps in bringing in the usb device up when a usb
    > device is connected right from what happens when the board is powered
    > on.Any pointers are appreciated.Thanks in advance.

    kernel: USB host -> kernel: USB device driver -> kernel: hotplug event ->
    userland: udev

    With the help of udev you can do whatever you like to do with the connected
    device. And it makes no difference if you power up your board or if you
    connect the USB device when your board is already up and running.

    JB

+ Reply to Thread