how to create a partition - Embedded

This is a discussion on how to create a partition - Embedded ; Hi, I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows, how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no fdisk-command line parameters to do that). Thank's in advance, Jürgen...

  1. how to create a partition

    Hi,
    I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows,
    how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no
    fdisk-command line parameters to do that).

    Thank's in advance,
    Jürgen

  2. Re: how to create a partition

    Juergen Querengaesser wrote:
    : Hi,
    : I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows,
    : how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no
    : fdisk-command line parameters to do that).

    how is hotswappable different to other types?
    Have you actually run fdisk and attempted to create a partition?
    Was there a problem?

  3. Re: how to create a partition

    J Jackson schrieb:
    > Juergen Querengaesser wrote:
    > : Hi,
    > : I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows,
    > : how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no
    > : fdisk-command line parameters to do that).
    >
    > how is hotswappable different to other types?
    > Have you actually run fdisk and attempted to create a partition?
    > Was there a problem?

    The user puts the CF-card into the device and the software should copy
    some data on it. Therefore the CF card needs to be partitioned and
    formatted with a filesystem. Formatting is no problem, but I have no
    idea, how to create/change partitions from my program.

    Jürgen

  4. Re: how to create a partition

    : J Jackson schrieb:
    : > Juergen Querengaesser wrote:
    : > : Hi,
    : > : I have a hot-swappable flash-disk in our devices. Does anybody knows,
    : > : how to create/modify a partition of such a device? (I found no
    : > : fdisk-command line parameters to do that).
    : >
    : > how is hotswappable different to other types?
    : > Have you actually run fdisk and attempted to create a partition?
    : > Was there a problem?
    : >

    : The user puts the CF-card into the device and the software should copy
    : some data on it. Therefore the CF card needs to be partitioned and
    : formatted with a filesystem. Formatting is no problem, but I have no
    : idea, how to create/change partitions from my program.

    The CFDISK will have a device file name e.g. /dev/sda

    # fdisk /dev/sda

    Then follow the menu system to create/modify/delete partitions

    see http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/

  5. Re: how to create a partition

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:03:17 +0200, Juergen Querengaesser wrote:

    > The user puts the CF-card into the device and the software should copy
    > some data on it. Therefore the CF card needs to be partitioned and
    > formatted with a filesystem. Formatting is no problem, but I have no
    > idea, how to create/change partitions from my program.

    sfdisk

    --
    -Menno.

+ Reply to Thread