pci driver 2.4-> 2.6 - Embedded

This is a discussion on pci driver 2.4-> 2.6 - Embedded ; Hello, I have a good pci driver (linux 2.4 +rtai ) (i use the book from Alessandro Rubini but only driver with linux 2.4 are explained) I want change to linux 2.6 but the Makefile don't work at all . ...

  1. pci driver 2.4-> 2.6

    Hello,
    I have a good pci driver (linux 2.4 +rtai ) (i use the book from Alessandro
    Rubini but only driver with linux 2.4 are explained)
    I want change to linux 2.6 but the Makefile don't work at all .
    How can I do modification for this ?

  2. Re: pci driver 2.4-> 2.6

    Kakrocq wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have a good pci driver (linux 2.4 +rtai ) (i use the book from Alessandro
    > Rubini but only driver with linux 2.4 are explained)
    > I want change to linux 2.6 but the Makefile don't work at all .
    > How can I do modification for this ?

    Hi,

    AFAIK kernel modules using 2.6.x are named *.ko. So the file name ending
    *.o has changed to *.ko.
    Furthermore a file of the kernel tree is linked to your module using 2.6.x
    You can find detailed information on device drivers using 2.6.x at:

    http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT4389927951.html

    At the end of the article you can find the following headline:
    "Changes to the Build Process for Modules"

    Hope this will help.

    Kind regards

    Quitschn

+ Reply to Thread