DRM functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on DRM functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux - Embedded ; Hi all, I need to incorporate Digital Rights Management(DRM) functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux for a portable device. Kindly let me know what approaches can be done to bring up this functionality in linux. ...

  1. DRM functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux

    Hi all,
    I need to incorporate Digital Rights Management(DRM) functionality as
    part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux for a portable
    device. Kindly let me know what approaches can be done to bring up this
    functionality in linux. Is there any open source on DRM for mplayer?

    Thanks in Advance,
    Kodpadi

  2. Re: DRM functionality as part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 04:50:15 -0700, a81kodpadi wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I need to incorporate Digital Rights Management(DRM) functionality as

    That seems to me a technical misnomer. Probably you mean:

    Digital Restrictions Management(DRM)

    > part of decoder of mplayer running on embedded linux for a portable
    > device.

    Well you could sign a (your) Linux kernel binary, and have the bootloader
    check that against some securely stored hash. And so on. However how are
    you going to be sure someone isn't just VCR or MD taping the show, or
    running the whole thing (including bootloader) in a captureing emulator?

    > Kindly let me know what approaches can be done to bring up this
    > functionality in linux.

    Well, there is a device driver for the TPM from IBM:
    http://www.research.ibm.com/gsal/tcpa/tpm.tar.gz

    > Is there any open source on DRM for mplayer?

    Who knows? Maybe ask the mplayer developers.

    Good (or bad) luck ...

    --
    -Menno.

+ Reply to Thread