device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist ??? - Embedded

This is a discussion on device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist ??? - Embedded ; Hello, I am using MontaVista Embedded Linux (PPC8xx) and I use DevRocket to build BusyBox root file system. After the system has booted up, it then keeps giving out this message: device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist What can be wrong...?? ...

  1. device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist ???

    Hello,
    I am using MontaVista Embedded Linux (PPC8xx) and I use DevRocket to build
    BusyBox root file system. After the system has booted up, it then keeps
    giving out this message:

    device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist

    What can be wrong...??

    Thanks,

  2. Re: device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist ???

    "rob" schreef in bericht
    news:YBIqe.2860$Z44.867@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com ...
    > Hello,
    > I am using MontaVista Embedded Linux (PPC8xx) and I use DevRocket to build
    > BusyBox root file system. After the system has booted up, it then keeps
    > giving out this message:
    >
    > device '/dev/vc/4' does not exist
    >
    > What can be wrong...??

    Maybe the device is malfunctioning. Maybe the device driver is
    malfunctioning. Maybe it shouldn't have been configured, e.g. because it
    really doesn't exist.

+ Reply to Thread