    When can use use printf? and when is not?

    thanks.

  2. Re: Can I use printf in kernel module?

    On 2005-06-10, wuulong wrote:

    > In the book, we have been suggested that use printk.

    Good advice.

    > but I have seen some kernel module that use printf.

    Which one?

    > When can use use printf?

    When you're running in user-space (not in the kernel).

    > and when is not?

    When in the kernel.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Am I in GRADUATE
    at SCHOOL yet?

  3. Re: Can I use printf in kernel module?

    Grant Edwards wrote:
    > On 2005-06-10, wuulong wrote:
    >

    >>In the book, we have been suggested that use printk.

    > Good advice.
    >

    >>but I have seen some kernel module that use printf.

    > Which one?
    >

    >>When can use use printf?

    > When you're running in user-space (not in the kernel).
    >

    >>and when is not?

    > When in the kernel.

    Thanks for your help.

    sorry, I got the point. In my case, it have a
    #define printf printk

    ^_^

+ Reply to Thread