    so that I can gain some experience with the embedded linux. Can
    anybody recommend a good evaluation board for the beginner? Thanks!

  2. Re: evaluation board

    On 2005-06-08, wei zhang wrote:

    > I'm new in the embedded linux, and I'd like to buy an evaluation board
    > so that I can gain some experience with the embedded linux. Can
    > anybody recommend a good evaluation board for the beginner? Thanks!

    Sheesh. There's already a thread about this exact topic that
    was live as of yesterday. Go read it.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Didn't I buy a 1951
    at Packard from you last March

  3. Re: evaluation board

    wei zhang wrote:
    > I'm new in the embedded linux, and I'd like to buy an evaluation board
    > so that I can gain some experience with the embedded linux. Can
    > anybody recommend a good evaluation board for the beginner? Thanks!

    Yes, you can use a TQ MPC8xx Component board + DENX Linux distribution
    (free)

  4. Re: evaluation board

    "wei zhang" wrote in message
    news:3766d829.0506072025.6836985d@posting.google.c om...
    > I'm new in the embedded linux, and I'd like to buy an evaluation board
    > so that I can gain some experience with the embedded linux. Can
    > anybody recommend a good evaluation board for the beginner? Thanks!

    I just bought a Sega Dreamcast for the same purpose. It's based on a
    Hitachi SH4 processor and they can be picked up for peanuts!

  5. Re: evaluation board

    Jason Tokarz wrote:
    > "wei zhang" wrote in message
    > news:3766d829.0506072025.6836985d@posting.google.c om...
    >
    >>I'm new in the embedded linux, and I'd like to buy an evaluation board
    >>so that I can gain some experience with the embedded linux. Can
    >>anybody recommend a good evaluation board for the beginner? Thanks!

    > I just bought a Sega Dreamcast for the same purpose. It's based on a
    > Hitachi SH4 processor and they can be picked up for peanuts!

    may be you want to try the bitsy boards or the dev kit. They run at
    300US with good support. The underlying linux is debian. They provide
    kernel for the arm proc.

+ Reply to Thread