getting started - Embedded

This is a discussion on getting started - Embedded ; Hi, What is the current distro of embedded linux that is preferred out there? Is it uclinux, fedora stripped down? I am interested in power pc or arm. One with an emulator that will work on linux or win32 would ...

  1. getting started

    Hi,

    What is the current distro of embedded linux that is preferred out there?
    Is it uclinux, fedora stripped down?
    I am interested in power pc or arm.

    One with an emulator that will work on linux or win32 would be great to play
    with.

  2. Re: getting started

    zee wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is the current distro of embedded linux that is preferred out there?
    > Is it uclinux, fedora stripped down?
    > I am interested in power pc or arm.
    >
    > One with an emulator that will work on linux or win32 would be great to play
    > with.

    Debian seems to be the best bet for ARM targets...
    http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/
    http://people.debian.org/~debacle/cross.html

    - Richard

+ Reply to Thread