Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers! - Embedded

This is a discussion on Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers! - Embedded ; Position 1 Embedded Linux Engineer: The candidate for this position will ideally have a previous experience in the development of Embedded Linux device driver or kernel or applications. He/She should have exposure on MIPS, VLIW and Intel XScale Architectures. Educational ...

  1. Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Position 1

    Embedded Linux Engineer:

    The candidate for this position will ideally have a previous experience
    in the development of Embedded Linux device driver or kernel or
    applications. He/She should have exposure on MIPS, VLIW and Intel
    XScale Architectures.

    Educational Qualification: B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / MCA

    Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience required

    Significant hands on experience with Embedded Linux required. Knowledge
    of MIPS, VLIW and X-Scale architectures is preferable and the candidate
    should be very familiar with development and debugging tools under
    Embedded Linux. Programming skills should include a good level in C,
    along with standard revision control tools. Assembly coding for MIPS,
    ARM is definite plus. Experience in Device Driver and in RTOS is a
    plus. Exposure to Search Engine, Media Catalogue exposure would be
    added advantage.

    Position 2

    Network Protocol Developer:
    The candidate for this position will ideally have a previous experience
    in the development of multimedia and networking protocols (TCP/IP, ATM,
    uPnP, RTSP, HTTP) on embedded Linux. Having worked on other embedded
    operating systems like VxWorks will be a plus.

    Educational Qualification: B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / MCA

    Minimum 2 Years of relevant industry experience required

    Strong C programming skills is required. Should have worked on
    networking protocol stack performance improvement. Exposure to Search
    Engine, Media Catalogue exposure would be added advantage.

    We also need people on WindowsCE (WinCE) porting/development work.
    Please do let me know whether you could provide us with genuine
    candidate profiles.

    Thanks and Regards

    Arun

    Arun Prasad Velu,
    Program Manager,
    Aspire Communications Pvt. Ltd.,
    STEP Buildings, SJCE Campus,
    Manasagangothri, Mysore - 570 006,
    Phone: +918212415772, 2415773
    Fax: +918212415774
    E-Mail: ArunPrasad.Velu@AspireCom.Net
    www.AspireCommunication.com

    "Great things are not done by impulse, but a series of small things
    brought together...
    "

  2. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Arun wrote:

    > Position 1
    >
    > Embedded Linux Engineer:

    If you are going to spam all of usenet with your job postings
    you should at least have the courtesy of stating explicitly
    where the position's location

    Erik
    Erik de Castro Lopo nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
    "Java is, in many ways, C++--." -- Michael Feldman

  3. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    In comp.os.linux.development.system Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

    | Arun wrote:
    |>
    |> Position 1
    |>
    |> Embedded Linux Engineer:
    |
    | If you are going to spam all of usenet with your job postings
    | you should at least have the courtesy of stating explicitly
    | where the position's location

    It's somewhere in India. They seem to have exhausted their supply of
    cheap programmers? Eventually employers there will learn they have to
    offer some better incentives. Salaries will go up. Those who enjoy
    those salaries will buy more goods. The local merchants will benefit
    and pass that on in the economy as well. Soon India will be a thriving
    economic force in the world. And to think it all started with Arun's
    failed effort to find cheap programmers, and having to offer more pay
    to get what he needs.

  4. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Flame allert!!!

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net schrieb:
    > It's somewhere in India. They seem to have exhausted their supply of
    > cheap programmers?

    Please stop this flaming immediately.

    Thank you!

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  5. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Flame allert!!!

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net schrieb:
    > It's somewhere in India. They seem to have exhausted their supply of
    > cheap programmers?

    Please stop this flaming immediately.

    Thank you!

    --
    BaSystem Martin Raabe
    E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde

  6. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.development.system Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
    >
    > | Arun wrote:
    > |>
    > |> Position 1
    > |>
    > |> Embedded Linux Engineer:
    > |
    > | If you are going to spam all of usenet with your job postings
    > | you should at least have the courtesy of stating explicitly
    > | where the position's location
    >
    > It's somewhere in India. They seem to have exhausted their supply of
    > cheap programmers? Eventually employers there will learn they have to
    > offer some better incentives [...]

    ... or hire even cheaper programmers.
    Here in Germany, farmers hire Polish workers to harvest asparagus,
    because they are cheaper than German labor. The Polish asparagus
    farmers, in turn, hire workers from Belorussia, because they are cheaper
    than Polish labor ...

    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

  7. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

  8. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    In comp.os.linux.development.system Arun Prasad Velu wrote:

    | http://ecoustics-cnet.com.com/U.S.+s...3-5659116.html

    The fact remains that Indian programmers are cheaper. The reason is
    not based on the quality of the work, but rather, on the economics of
    the country.

    The results do not mean that Americans are not as good at programming.
    They just mean that programming is no longer good enough for Americans.
    Americans don't like cheap grunt work that gets no respect from their
    employers. So they seek other career paths instead of computer science.
    So there are simply fewer Americans to go compete in these contests.
    Far more respect in development, programming, or coding, can be gotten
    by doing free open source projects, than in working in a cubicle farm.

  9. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > You mean like food? It's cheap in India. So is housing.

    Housing? Cheap? So how many times have you dealt in real-estate in
    INDIA with an INDIAN sal?

    > That does happen.

    That happens all the while.. but if things work out cheaper in India
    and elsewhere in asia, why blame INDIANS? Blame your CEOs!

    Ponits to ponder:
    -> There are a lot of ARUN-likes on USENET, but not all are INDIANS.
    There have been similar job related postings in comp.os.vxworks
    atleast, why flame when an Indian posts? What if the location was your
    own suburb?
    -> If you think we are getting paid here (exactly) similar to what you
    get paid there, you have mistaken. Because if it turns out to be the
    same eqaution, whatz the point in coming to India?

    I am reminded of an old saying.. One half of the world does'nt know
    what the other half is doing

    --
    Prafulla Harpanhalli

  10. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Hi All,

    I did not mean to spam or offend or hurt anyone. I thought it might
    help some engineers. Anyway, I apologyze for posting the job
    requirements here. Though I do not feel its a sin or crime or mistake.
    And yes, we do hire Engineers Overseas. We have hired Engineers in the
    USA for our requirements in the USA.

    By all means, I would want this e-mail chain to be ended. I did not
    mean to discriminate the developers/programmers community into
    Western/Eastern or Developed Country ones and developing country ones.
    I hope we all will extend our hands for the needy programmers.

    Sorry again
    Arun

  11. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Hi Arun,

    I don't think that you have done any blunder to apologize for so many
    times...
    Its ok. I perfectly agree with Prafulla. If you visit other usenets,
    you will find lot of postings there too and nobody bothers to apologize
    for the same.
    Through this I don't want to support job postings on the
    usenet and it is wrong !!but you should not be so harsh to the people.
    You can even neglect it(few people have done here )if it doesn't matter
    you. Why do you want to continue the debate on such a issue? Any way
    this is not the forum for debate of developng/ developed countries,
    economies, cheap labour/costlier labour etc.

    Thanks
    Sagar Borikar

  12. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Arun Prasad Velu wrote:
    > > I hope we all will extend our hands for the needy programmers.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    "Needy CEOs & their exec cohorts" would be a better statement.

    Pity the poor exec community. The costs of doing business in the
    developed world are so outrageous (tight social, labor and
    environmental laws, higher expecations on living standards & human
    rights, ...what not) that the poor Exec community is condemned to dip
    hands into their last billion in corporate & personal underbellies,
    ....:-). In the same 3 years that many foot soldiers in the tech
    industry saw their jobs vanish, CEO pays saw double digit growth, ...

    Remember how polluted water was being passed into Coke barely a year
    ago,....and Coke was blatantly refusing to admit guilt?

    Having lived and worked on both sides of the international border, I
    know how violent feelings & racial/ ethnic/ nationality/ linguistic
    sentiments can run when pockets of wealth/ job market get to be
    dominated by one group or the other - impacted by reasons beyond their
    comprehension and control.

    - visioneer

  13. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Arun Prasad Velu wrote:
    > > I hope we all will extend our hands for the needy programmers.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    "Needy CEOs & their exec cohorts" would be a better statement.

    Pity the poor exec community. The costs of doing business in the
    developed world are so outrageous (tight social, labor and
    environmental laws, higher expecations on living standards & human
    rights, ...what not) that the poor Exec community is condemned to dip
    hands into their last billion in corporate & personal underbellies,
    ....:-). In the same 3 years that many foot soldiers in the tech
    industry saw their jobs vanish, CEO pays saw double digit growth, ...

    Remember how polluted water was being passed into Coke barely a year
    ago,....and Coke was blatantly refusing to admit guilt?

    Having lived and worked on both sides of the international border, I
    know how violent feelings & racial/ ethnic/ nationality/ linguistic
    sentiments can run when pockets of wealth/ job market get to be
    dominated by one group or the other - impacted by reasons beyond their
    comprehension and control.

    - visioneer

  14. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    In comp.os.linux.development.system Prafulla Harpanhalli wrote:
    | phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    |> You mean like food? It's cheap in India. So is housing.
    |
    | Housing? Cheap? So how many times have you dealt in real-estate in
    | INDIA with an INDIAN sal?

    A past girlfriend has in Mumbai. Definitely cheaper than the US for the
    same quality.

    |> That does happen.
    |
    | That happens all the while.. but if things work out cheaper in India
    | and elsewhere in asia, why blame INDIANS? Blame your CEOs!

    Exactly. Indians are not to blame. They are only doing what is right
    for themselves. Why should anyone in India decide _not_ to do something
    just because it has a lower cost?

    I also don't blame the CEOs for hiring Indians in India, as it is their
    job to keep costs down. The issues I have are with the CEOs that claim
    no Americans are available, when that is actually untrue, to try to get
    larger visa quotas. And many educators are still baffled as to why so
    many people in the US are deciding to _not_ enter a career field like
    computer science knowing that the employment opportunities are drying
    up here.

    | Ponits to ponder:
    | -> There are a lot of ARUN-likes on USENET, but not all are INDIANS.
    | There have been similar job related postings in comp.os.vxworks
    | atleast, why flame when an Indian posts? What if the location was your
    | own suburb?

    The only mistake I think he made in his post was not saying where the
    jobs were. Whether jobs postings are on-topic here is another issue
    made complicated because of the wide set of newsgroups used.

    | -> If you think we are getting paid here (exactly) similar to what you
    | get paid there, you have mistaken. Because if it turns out to be the
    | same eqaution, whatz the point in coming to India?

    Americans are even going to India for medical procedures. There was a
    TV report done about this here in the US. The doctors interviewed for
    the show did describe how it was that they were making a lot less than
    they could make in the US, but also pointed out that life costs a lot
    less in India, too. Of course things are tilted quite a bit. Things
    that are inherintly Indian will be less costly, and things imported from
    the US would be more costly.

    | I am reminded of an old saying.. One half of the world does'nt know
    | what the other half is doing

    The thing I would most blame India for is that it does apply more
    resistance to people coming in to the country to work than the US does.

  15. Re: [off topic] Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    On 2 Jun 2005, phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > Exactly. Indians are not to blame. They are only doing what is
    > right for themselves. Why should anyone in India decide _not_ to do
    > something just because it has a lower cost?

    What is a concern is that corporations can circumvent labour and
    business practice laws by moving an operation to a foreign country.
    The same business that competes in the country of consumption must
    comply with these laws. For instance, maternity leave, over-time
    compensation, equality law (access for disabled), higher taxation
    rates, environmental protection, employee health benefits, etc.

    This creates a situation where companies can dictate government
    policy. If a developing country wants to encourage a gender equality,
    the shop can pack up and move to another country.

    This is all fine and good by the free enterprise model. However, the
    country of consumption *MUST* be able to impose import tariffs. This
    is generally not the case with the current world trade laws.

    The free enterprise model has several short coming. Such as monopoly
    exploitation (perfect competitive assumption), in-elastic supply demand
    curves and the inability to factor infinite economies of scale given
    by software and other media industries.

    I would lose my job or take a lower pay check if life becomes better
    for all Indian. I will not if it only supports those rich enough to
    be educated (high enough in a cast system). Are people really so wrong
    to be opposed to this?

    Possibly people oppose it for simple material reasons. However, the
    migrations of jobs across borders in the current polito-economic
    situation tends to undermine many progressive laws for the protection
    of people.

    Regards,
    Bill Pringlemeir.

    --
    You have the right to remain silent -- so shut up!

    vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"

  16. Re: [off topic] Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    In comp.os.linux.development.system Bill Pringlemeir wrote:

    | In comp.os.linux.development.system Prafulla Harpanhalli
    |
    |>> That happens all the while.. but if things work out cheaper in
    |>> India and elsewhere in asia, why blame INDIANS? Blame your CEOs!
    |
    | On 2 Jun 2005, phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    |> Exactly. Indians are not to blame. They are only doing what is
    |> right for themselves. Why should anyone in India decide _not_ to do
    |> something just because it has a lower cost?
    |
    | What is a concern is that corporations can circumvent labour and
    | business practice laws by moving an operation to a foreign country.
    | The same business that competes in the country of consumption must
    | comply with these laws. For instance, maternity leave, over-time
    | compensation, equality law (access for disabled), higher taxation
    | rates, environmental protection, employee health benefits, etc.
    |
    | This creates a situation where companies can dictate government
    | policy. If a developing country wants to encourage a gender equality,
    | the shop can pack up and move to another country.
    |
    | This is all fine and good by the free enterprise model. However, the
    | country of consumption *MUST* be able to impose import tariffs. This
    | is generally not the case with the current world trade laws.

    I agree with you on that. It is certainly not fair trade, and it also
    circumvents the will of the voters.

    | The free enterprise model has several short coming. Such as monopoly
    | exploitation (perfect competitive assumption), in-elastic supply demand
    | curves and the inability to factor infinite economies of scale given
    | by software and other media industries.
    |
    | I would lose my job or take a lower pay check if life becomes better
    | for all Indian. I will not if it only supports those rich enough to
    | be educated (high enough in a cast system). Are people really so wrong
    | to be opposed to this?

    I look forward to India being a more prosperous nation. But it has a
    long way to go, and a lot of people will be left out for quite a long
    time.

    | Possibly people oppose it for simple material reasons. However, the
    | migrations of jobs across borders in the current polito-economic
    | situation tends to undermine many progressive laws for the protection
    | of people.

    True.

  17. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Arun Prasad Velu wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I did not mean to spam or offend or hurt anyone. I thought it might
    > help some engineers. Anyway, I apologyze for posting the job
    > requirements here. Though I do not feel its a sin or crime or mistake.
    > And yes, we do hire Engineers Overseas. We have hired Engineers in the
    > USA for our requirements in the USA.
    >
    > By all means, I would want this e-mail chain to be ended. I did not
    > mean to discriminate the developers/programmers community into
    > Western/Eastern or Developed Country ones and developing country ones.
    > I hope we all will extend our hands for the needy programmers.
    >
    > Sorry again
    > Arun

    Arun,

    Who is needy here? The programmer or the recruiter waiting for his
    commission?

    /V

  18. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Hello,

    I am not a Recruiter. I do not get any commission to hire Engineers for
    my team.

    Regards
    Arun

  19. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    WARNING!!!!
    FLAMING STARTED.

  20. Re: Urgent Requirement for Linux Developers!

    Arun Prasad Velu wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not a Recruiter. I do not get any commission to hire Engineers for
    > my team.
    >
    > Regards
    > Arun

    A-run please. This is not a recruiting newsgroup. Hire a recruiter for that.

    /V

+ Reply to Thread