MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system - Embedded

This is a discussion on MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system - Embedded ; Hello Developers, MicroXwin implements X windows server in the kernel resulting in a high performance solution for X based GUI. You can download demo for x86 based distributions such as Fedora 8, Fedora 9 and Slackware 12. To can lean ...

  1. MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system

    Hello Developers,

    MicroXwin implements X windows server in the kernel resulting in a
    high performance solution for X based GUI.
    You can download demo for x86 based distributions such as Fedora 8,
    Fedora 9 and Slackware 12.

    To can lean more about MicroXwin visit http://www.microxwin.com

    Thanks
    Vasant

  2. Re: MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system

    info@microxwin.com ha scritto:
    > Hello Developers,
    >
    > MicroXwin implements X windows server in the kernel resulting in a
    > high performance solution for X based GUI.
    > You can download demo for x86 based distributions such as Fedora 8,
    > Fedora 9 and Slackware 12.
    >
    > To can lean more about MicroXwin visit http://www.microxwin.com

    seems interesting
    but you forgot to mention an important issue: licensing
    is it GPL ?
    if not has not value

  3. Re: MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:58:12 +0200, Helix wrote:

    >seems interesting
    >but you forgot to mention an important issue: licensing
    >is it GPL ?
    >if not has not value

    HP say, open-source + proprietary kernel-module.
    But: Aren't non-GPL kernel-modules going to be banned ?

    --
    42Bastian
    Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

  4. Re: MicroXwin- Smallest and fastest X windows for embedded system

    In comp.os.linux.x 42Bastian Schick wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:58:12 +0200, Helix wrote:
    >
    >>seems interesting
    >>but you forgot to mention an important issue: licensing
    >>is it GPL ?
    >>if not has not value

    > HP say, open-source + proprietary kernel-module.
    > But: Aren't non-GPL kernel-modules going to be banned ?

    And they threw away network transparency. I use network transparency
    all the time.

    Rob

+ Reply to Thread