Linux on PPC405 - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux on PPC405 - Embedded ; Hi All, Have any one tried porting open source linux on ppc405? Where can I get the embedded opensouce linux(link).? How can I port the Open source Linux on PPC405? Please help. Regards, Ivan...

  1. Linux on PPC405

    Hi All,

    Have any one tried porting open source linux on ppc405? Where can I get
    the embedded opensouce linux(link).?

    How can I port the Open source Linux on PPC405?

    Please help.

    Regards,
    Ivan

  2. Re: Linux on PPC405

    ivan wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Have any one tried porting open source linux on ppc405? Where can I get
    > the embedded opensouce linux(link).?
    >
    > How can I port the Open source Linux on PPC405?
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ivan

    Here is a ppc distibution:

    http://www.denx.de/e/index1.php

    The denx distribution was supplied with this development board from
    Avnet:

    http://tinyurl.com/6bvwv

    This board has a Xilinx II-Pro FPGA on it. The FPGA has two embedded
    PPC405s. I have one of these boards, and Linux is up and running on it.

    Regards,

    John McCaskill

  3. Re: Linux on PPC405

    ppc405 support is in the default kernel supplied by kernel.org

    Mutiple companies supply complete deveopement kits

    Chip

    ivan wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Have any one tried porting open source linux on ppc405? Where can I get
    > the embedded opensouce linux(link).?
    >
    > How can I port the Open source Linux on PPC405?
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ivan

+ Reply to Thread