memory leak tool... - Embedded

This is a discussion on memory leak tool... - Embedded ; hi we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine) i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak thanks...

  1. memory leak tool...

    hi

    we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)

    i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak

    thanks

  2. Re: memory leak tool...

    collinm wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)
    >
    > i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak

    You're asking this in a Linux Embedded group, so I presume you are using
    Linux on this board. And under Linux, we have Valgrind.
    --
    Regards,

    Fester

  3. Re: memory leak tool...

    Fester writes:

    > You're asking this in a Linux Embedded group, so I presume you are using
    > Linux on this board. And under Linux, we have Valgrind.

    OP is on a sixnet machine, which appears to use PowerPC.

    While there exists a Valgrind PowerPC port, it is nowhere near as
    ready for "production" use as x86 Valgrind is.

    Also, VG is very "heavy" and may not run well (op at all) in
    memory-constrained environments.

    Besides, all that's required for memory leak detection is a simple
    malloc replacement, e.g. dmalloc, ccmalloc, or google malloc
    (http://goog-perftools.sourceforge.net)

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  4. Re: memory leak tool...

    collinm wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)
    >
    > i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak
    >
    > thanks

    I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but you could compile with
    mpatrol which is a way to find errors in dynamic memory allocation etc.
    http://www.cbmamiga.demon.co.uk/mpatrol/

  5. Re: memory leak tool...

    Maybe this will help:

    http://ostg.safaribooksonline.com/?x...=1&d=1&p=1&a=0

    Best Regards,

    collinm wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)
    >
    > i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak
    >
    > thanks

  6. Re: memory leak tool...

    collinm wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > we developp a c programm in a embedded system (sixnet machine)
    >
    > i would like to know which tool can use to analyse memory leak
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread