uClinux target compatibility - Embedded

This is a discussion on uClinux target compatibility - Embedded ; Hi We are trying to use uClinux for embedded applications. The OS we are using iS Linux 2.4.x. Is it possible to use host and target as x86? Moreover in the choices for the platform, we are getting only three ...

  1. uClinux target compatibility

    Hi

    We are trying to use uClinux for embedded applications. The OS we are
    using iS Linux 2.4.x.

    Is it possible to use host and target as x86?

    Moreover in the choices for the platform, we are getting only three
    options for Intel - "IXDP2800" , "IXDP425" and "Mote Jade"

    Which one should we choose?

    thnx
    marshia

  2. Re: uClinux target compatibility

    Marshia wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > We are trying to use uClinux for embedded applications. The OS we are
    > using iS Linux 2.4.x.
    >
    > Is it possible to use host and target as x86?

    Yes

    > Moreover in the choices for the platform, we are getting only three
    > options for Intel - "IXDP2800" , "IXDP425" and "Mote Jade"
    >
    > Which one should we choose?

    I have absolutely no clue about your hardware...
    You should know best!

    rick

  3. Re: uClinux target compatibility

    On 23 Apr 2005 00:39:09 -0700, marshiaa@gmail.com (Marshia) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >We are trying to use uClinux for embedded applications. The OS we are
    >using iS Linux 2.4.x.
    >
    >Is it possible to use host and target as x86?

    Only if x > 2.

    Bob McConnell
    N2SPP

  4. Re: uClinux target compatibility

    Marshia wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > We are trying to use uClinux for embedded applications. The OS we are
    > using iS Linux 2.4.x.
    >
    > Is it possible to use host and target as x86?
    >
    > Moreover in the choices for the platform, we are getting only three
    > options for Intel - "IXDP2800" , "IXDP425" and "Mote Jade"
    >
    > Which one should we choose?
    >
    > thnx
    > marshia

    I am using IXDP425 with SnapGear ( uClinux with MMU ).
    Currently it work fine for me.

    But I still trying.
    Hope this is usful for you.

    Best Regards,