Hi,

I am needing some advice about where to start with the whole embedded
Linux deal. I am massively ignorant and need your help. Heres what I
think I need to know, correct me if I have this wrong.

How do I select a board? My requirements include micro-drive, pcmcia, a
basic LCD screen 5 hardware buttons and audio out. Is the basic board
stock and then I add on the bits building the drivers into the image?

The audio is quite important so it has to sound good, I need line out
but also want to have on board speakers. Will this require a soundcard?

Yeah, its a lot to ask and I am a fish out of water. Your help is
appreciated.