HELP: PC104 IO card Driver Problem - Embedded

This is a discussion on HELP: PC104 IO card Driver Problem - Embedded ; Dear friends Can anybody Help me regarding this PC104 driver. How to do read and write on Pc104 IO card.I will be a great help for me Deatails Given Below: I am writing a Linux device driver for Diamond systems ...

  1. HELP: PC104 IO card Driver Problem

    Dear friends

    Can anybody Help me regarding this PC104 driver. How to do read and
    write on Pc104 IO card.I will be a great help for me

    Deatails Given Below:
    I am writing a Linux device driver for Diamond systems
    IR104 digital IO card. This is a PC104 bus device(that means it ISA
    bus compatible).
    The Platform is Arcom Viper borad(with support for PC104), This is a
    Xscale, Little endian Platform.

    The Specification of PC104 interface given in Viper borad manual is:
    0x3C000000-0x3CFFFFFF PC/104 memory space(16MB)
    0x30000000-0x300003FF PC/104 IO space(1KB)

    Specification given in IR104 manual is:
    I made the jumber setting so that, the IO space addresses taken by 8
    registers will be 0x300-0x307

    The driver should do read and write on this registers(character device
    driver).

    I took two approaches one is:
    i added IO space and 0x300, did inb() and oub().(IO space base address
    and 0x300)
    otherway i did ioremap on added result, did inb() and oub().

    In the second method:
    I did same procedures using IO memory space

    both methods are giving errors, i think that is related to paging. i
    think
    there is a need for disabling paging in this space.

    Please help regarding this. How to solve this.

    Nobin Mathew

  2. Re: HELP: PC104 IO card Driver Problem

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:44:39 -0800, nobin.mathew wrote:

    > The Specification of PC104 interface given in Viper borad manual is:
    > 0x3C000000-0x3CFFFFFF PC/104 memory space(16MB)
    > 0x30000000-0x300003FF PC/104 IO space(1KB)
    >

    > I took two approaches one is:
    > i added IO space and 0x300, did inb() and oub().(IO space base address
    > and 0x300)

    Have you tried a read/write to address 0x30000300? I would imagine that
    you will get an ISA IO bus cycle with address 0x300.

    Regards,

    Paul.

    Remove _rem_ before replying by email.

+ Reply to Thread