Port Linux on PDA - Embedded

This is a discussion on Port Linux on PDA - Embedded ; Hello, We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a web browser that ...

  1. Port Linux on PDA

    Hello,

    We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and
    port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or
    arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a
    web browser that supports flash player.

    The distribution has to be very efficient as the processors on the
    PDA's are very poor. This means that we won't be wanting to use a
    window system like Xwindows.

    How should we proceed???

    Inpreet Singh

  2. Re: Port Linux on PDA

    On 27 Mar 2005 23:47:01 -0800, Inpreet wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and
    > port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or
    > arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a
    > web browser that supports flash player.
    >
    > The distribution has to be very efficient as the processors on the
    > PDA's are very poor. This means that we won't be wanting to use a
    > window system like Xwindows.
    >
    > How should we proceed???
    >
    > Inpreet Singh

    find the gcc or small c compiler that has the headers and stuff for the
    particular processor and start there.

  3. Re: Port Linux on PDA

    Inpreet wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are suppose to create a linux distribution that runs on PDA and
    > port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or
    > arrange for a GUI manager which would eventually be able to offer a
    > web browser that supports flash player.
    >
    > The distribution has to be very efficient as the processors on the
    > PDA's are very poor. This means that we won't be wanting to use a
    > window system like Xwindows.
    >
    > How should we proceed???

    Get a glance at the Opie platform- it bases on Qt which operates directly on
    the framebuffer thus speeding up graphical operations.

    http://opie.handhelds.org

    or contact me directly if you have any questions.

    Oliver

  4. Re: Port Linux on PDA

    Inpreet wrote:
    > port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or

    > How should we proceed???

    look at the screen, if its 640x240 or smaller then drop this idea

  5. Re: Port Linux on PDA

    citizenr wrote in message news:...
    > Inpreet wrote:
    > > port the macromedia flash player across to this distribution or

    > > How should we proceed???

    > look at the screen, if its 640x240 or smaller then drop this idea

    We are using Toshiba LTM04C380K with touch screen connector with
    resolution 640 x 480. Would it work fine now. Please guide me thru. I
    have visited http://opie.handhelds.org site found some useful
    information. but still don't know which way should I move?

+ Reply to Thread