Re: jffs is OK, jffs2 gives me trouble! - Embedded

This is a discussion on Re: jffs is OK, jffs2 gives me trouble! - Embedded ; giangiammy@yahoo.com wrote: > VFS: Mounted root (jffs filesystem) readonly > Freeing unused kernel memory: 84k freed > Warning: unable to open an initial console. > Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. You're trying to mount ...

  1. Re: jffs is OK, jffs2 gives me trouble!

    giangiammy@yahoo.com wrote:

    > VFS: Mounted root (jffs filesystem) readonly
    > Freeing unused kernel memory: 84k freed
    > Warning: unable to open an initial console.
    > Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

    You're trying to mount a JFFS2 filesystem as a JFFS filesystem.

  2. Re: jffs is OK, jffs2 gives me trouble!

    you got the point!
    telling the kernel rootfstype=jffs2 solved the problem.

    For the other problem, the error disappeared
    when I created the jffs2 file system with the
    correct erase block size (mkfs.jffs2 -e 0x20000 ....)

    thank you
    gianluca

+ Reply to Thread