A year ago I installed RHL 9 and went on to build a realtime kernel from some
instructions in a How-To. Recently my computer hiccuped badly enough that I'm
repeating the process now. However, unlike previously, when I get to the stage
where I want to add a realtime entry in lilo, I see that uname -a produces a
different name than I previously used, vmlinuz-2.4.21-4.EL. What in the world
does the EL mean? Note that in this latest attempt to build a rt kernel, I
specified in menuconfig that I wanted to use the enhanced rtc. Is it possible
that it means embedded Linux and means that it means some standard for such?

"I know that defies the law of gravity, but, you see, I never
studied the law of gravity." -- Bugs Bunny

Web Page: