Support Chinese display without X - Embedded

This is a discussion on Support Chinese display without X - Embedded ; Hi, We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese display ( Chinese inputing is not required ). The screen is a mono LED which are ...

  1. Support Chinese display without X

    Hi,

    We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux
    system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese
    display ( Chinese inputing is not required ).

    The screen is a mono LED which are supported by the OS as a normal
    console/terminal hence transparent to application.

    But I heard that zhcon does *not* support terminal without color
    capacity. I can not understand that and hope I can get your
    confirmation about if or no it is true. If true, what do we do? Is
    there any other method to help our project?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Support Chinese display without X

    On May 16, 2:09 pm, Steven Woody wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux
    > system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese
    > display ( Chinese inputing is not required ).
    >
    > The screen is a mono LED which are supported by the OS as a normal
    > console/terminal hence transparent to application.
    >
    > But I heard that zhcon does *not* support terminal without color
    > capacity. I can not understand that and hope I can get your
    > confirmation about if or no it is true. If true, what do we do? Is
    > there any other method to help our project?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Or, can you suggest me where to post?

  3. Re: Support Chinese display without X

    On May 15, 11:09 pm, Steven Woody wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux
    > system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese
    > display ( Chinese inputing is not required ).
    >
    > The screen is a mono LED which are supported by the OS as a normal
    > console/terminal hence transparent to application.
    >
    > But I heard that zhcon does *not* support terminal without color
    > capacity. I can not understand that and hope I can get your
    > confirmation about if or no it is true. If true, what do we do? Is
    > there any other method to help our project?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    How many characters are you planning on showing? I think LCD with
    build in controller might be easier.

  4. Re: Support Chinese display without X

    On May 20, 1:53 am, linnix wrote:
    > On May 15, 11:09 pm, Steven Woody wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > We are developing a Chinese application on a arm based embedded linux
    > > system, and we are thining about using zhcon to support Chinese
    > > display ( Chinese inputing is not required ).

    > > The screen is a mono LED which are supported by the OS as a normal
    > > console/terminal hence transparent to application.

    > > But I heard that zhcon does *not* support terminal without color
    > > capacity. I can not understand that and hope I can get your
    > > confirmation about if or no it is true. If true, what do we do? Is
    > > there any other method to help our project?

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > How many characters are you planning on showing? I think LCD with
    > build in controller might be easier.

    There are about 50 different screens and about 50 Chinese characters
    in one screen. What you mean LCD with build in controller? Our
    project have already decided on a LCD which is supported by ARM ( I
    mean there is a linux driver for it, so it appears as a normal display/
    terminal in Linux ).

    Regards,
    narke

+ Reply to Thread