no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted - Embedded

This is a discussion on no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted - Embedded ; Hi All, I am using two Dual BSD/GPL drivers for a stack development project. Both modules use the MODULE_LICENSE("Dual BSD/GPL "). One of the drivers depends on the other. When the modules gets loaded after issuing insmod command , I ...

  1. no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted

    Hi All,
    I am using two Dual BSD/GPL drivers for a stack development project.
    Both modules use the MODULE_LICENSE("Dual BSD/GPL "). One of the
    drivers depends on the other. When the modules gets loaded after
    issuing insmod command , I see a tainted message in the kernel output
    from the module that is calling the (function x) exported by other
    module that a exported (function x ) has no version.

    How do I fix this? - there is a requirement that no tainted messages
    appear.

    Thanks

  2. Re: no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted

    Nayan wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I am using two Dual BSD/GPL drivers for a stack development project.
    > Both modules use the MODULE_LICENSE("Dual BSD/GPL "). One of the
    > drivers depends on the other. When the modules gets loaded after
    > issuing insmod command , I see a tainted message in the kernel output
    > from the module that is calling the (function x) exported by other
    > module that a exported (function x ) has no version.
    >
    > How do I fix this? - there is a requirement that no tainted messages
    > appear.

    What's your problem with this message?

    JB

  3. Re: no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted

    Its client who has problem client specifically instruecte that there
    shouldn't be any kernel tainted message.

    another reason i want to solve this problem is for my knowledge
    purpose i am still a beginner as far as linux platform is concern.

    I really dont know what will be impact if i am ignoring this for now .

    if you can tell me the reason why and when this kind of tainted
    message comes it will help me to understansd what's wrong i am doing ,
    and how and what need to be done for removing this message i will be
    very thankfull to you.

    Regards
    Nayan

  4. Re: no version for "function x" found: kernel tainted

    Hi All,
    Unless you expert people will not help us how will be able
    to solve any problem for which people like us are having limited
    knowledge or exposure for solving any particular problem is concern.

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread