Limiting ramdisk size - Embedded

This is a discussion on Limiting ramdisk size - Embedded ; Hi. Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for this. A coworker has performed some search in the net upon ...

  1. Limiting ramdisk size

    Hi.

    Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried
    through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for
    this. A coworker has performed some search in the net upon my request
    but he could not find any hint either. We are using kernel 2.6.18. We
    are willing to patch the kernel if we have to (provided it is within
    our limited knowledge).

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Elder.

  2. Re: Limiting ramdisk size

    On 2 abr, 15:33, ih8s...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried
    > through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for
    > this. A coworker has performed some search in the net upon my request
    > but he could not find any hint either. We are using kernel 2.6.18. We
    > are willing to patch the kernel if we have to (provided it is within
    > our limited knowledge).
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance.
    >
    > Elder.

    Answering to my own post as it can be useful to somebody: one can
    mount the tmpfs with size=4m (for 4MB size) in the options field. I
    just do not understand what the size constant in the kernel
    configurator as well as the rd driver are for.

    Regards.

    Elder.

+ Reply to Thread