Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display? - Embedded

This is a discussion on Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display? - Embedded ; Hi there, while there are several very cheap (down to 25 Euros) embedded linux systems (usually sold as SOHO Routers) with ot without Wireless LAN. None of them does usually have any kind of display. What I'm looking for is ...

  1. Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display?

    Hi there,

    while there are several very cheap (down to 25 Euros) embedded linux
    systems (usually sold as SOHO Routers) with ot without Wireless LAN.
    None of them does usually have any kind of display.

    What I'm looking for is a somewhat multi-purpose boxed embedded linux
    device with the following features:

    Ethernet
    USB-Host
    LCD (eg. 2*25 characters)
    Wireless LAN (optional)
    Mini-PCI slot (optional, would be perfect)
    Build in Mains supply or wall power supply.

    I don't mind using something diverted from its intended use like a
    SOHO Router, because developer Boards like the foxboard are usually
    even more expensive.

    Sven

    --
    The source code is not comprehensible
    (found in bug section of man 8 telnetd on Redhat Linux)

    /me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web

  2. Re: Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display?

    Sven Geggus wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > while there are several very cheap (down to 25 Euros) embedded linux
    > systems (usually sold as SOHO Routers) with ot without Wireless LAN.
    > None of them does usually have any kind of display.
    >
    > What I'm looking for is a somewhat multi-purpose boxed embedded linux
    > device with the following features:
    >
    > Ethernet
    > USB-Host
    > LCD (eg. 2*25 characters)
    > Wireless LAN (optional)
    > Mini-PCI slot (optional, would be perfect)
    > Build in Mains supply or wall power supply.
    >
    > I don't mind using something diverted from its intended use like a
    > SOHO Router, because developer Boards like the foxboard are usually
    > even more expensive.
    >
    > Sven

    Not exactly what you were asking for, but it's something I've picked up on
    and highly regard for use in future products... and best of all it can be
    found for under $75.00 (us).

    http://www.intel.com/products/mother...GLY2/index.htm

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: Embedded Box with simple alphanumeric Display?

    On 30 maalis, 18:02, Sven Geggus wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > while there are several very cheap (down to 25 Euros) embedded linux
    > systems (usually sold as SOHO Routers) with ot without Wireless LAN.
    > None of them does usually have any kind of display.
    >
    > What I'm looking for is a somewhat multi-purpose boxed embedded linux
    > device with the following features:
    >
    > Ethernet
    > USB-Host
    > LCD (eg. 2*25 characters)
    > Wireless LAN (optional)
    > Mini-PCI slot (optional, would be perfect)
    > Build in Mains supply or wall power supply.

    TS-7200 with LCD-LED and WIFI-G-USB accessories is pretty close
    feature-wise.