Install a Linux system on a LG KS20 - Embedded

This is a discussion on Install a Linux system on a LG KS20 - Embedded ; Greetings, I would like to collect some informations about installing or using Linux on a cellular-phone device (LG KS20). The motive is purely educational (Self pride and such...). Is there a project determined to install Linux on such a device ...

  1. Install a Linux system on a LG KS20

    Greetings,

    I would like to collect some informations about installing or using
    Linux on a cellular-phone device (LG KS20). The motive is purely
    educational (Self pride and such...).
    Is there a project determined to install Linux on such a device ?

    A friend of mine told me he could 'flash' the device so I suppose that
    the actual operating system is stored on a writeable Flash device.
    The next thing would be :
    * Find accurate and verified informations on "How to cross-compile a
    Linux Kernel for such a device with an ARM processor with an i686
    PC ?"
    * Flash the phone and try the newly compiled kernel.

    Does anyone knows a website with, like defined earlier, accurate and
    verified informations about how to complete one or both objectives ?

    --
    ThE_TemPLaR

  2. Re: Install a Linux system on a LG KS20

    On Mar 29, 1:50 am, Da.Temp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to collect some informations about installing or using
    > Linux on a cellular-phone device (LG KS20). The motive is purely
    > educational (Self pride and such...).
    > Is there a project determined to install Linux on such a device ?
    >
    > A friend of mine told me he could 'flash' the device so I suppose that
    > the actual operating system is stored on a writeable Flash device.
    > The next thing would be :
    > * Find accurate and verified informations on "How to cross-compile a
    > Linux Kernel for such a device with an ARM processor with an i686
    > PC ?"
    > * Flash the phone and try the newly compiled kernel.
    >
    > Does anyone knows a website with, like defined earlier, accurate and
    > verified informations about how to complete one or both objectives ?
    >
    > --
    > ThE_TemPLaR

    http://www.moblin.org/
    http://handhelds.org/
    tuxmobil.org
    http://www.pokylinux.org/

  3. Re: Install a Linux system on a LG KS20

    On Mar 29, 1:50 am, Da.Temp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to collect some informations about installing or using
    > Linux on a cellular-phone device (LGKS20). The motive is purely
    > educational (Self pride and such...).
    > Is there a project determined to install Linux on such a device ?
    >
    > A friend of mine told me he could 'flash' the device so I suppose that
    > the actual operating system is stored on a writeable Flash device.
    > The next thing would be :
    > * Find accurate and verified informations on "How to cross-compile a
    > Linux Kernel for such a device with an ARM processor with an i686
    > PC ?"
    > * Flash the phone and try the newly compiled kernel.
    >
    > Does anyone knows a website with, like defined earlier, accurate and
    > verified informations about how to complete one or both objectives ?
    >
    > --
    > ThE_TemPLaR

    http://www.pokylinux.org/
    http://www.moblin.org/