Shell features in Busybox - Embedded

This is a discussion on Shell features in Busybox - Embedded ; My uclinux busybox 1.0 distro comes pre-configured with sh (msh?) as the default shell. I can't seem to find any description of the scripting features of this shell. It seems to be very limited. Is there a way to identify ...

  1. Shell features in Busybox

    My uclinux busybox 1.0 distro comes pre-configured with sh (msh?) as the
    default shell. I can't seem to find any description of the scripting
    features of this shell. It seems to be very limited. Is there a way to
    identify the what shell is used and what features it has?

  2. Re: Shell features in Busybox

    On Mar 21, 3:18 pm, tns1 wrote:
    > My uclinux busybox 1.0 distro comes pre-configured with sh (msh?) as the
    > default shell. I can't seem to find any description of the scripting
    > features of this shell. It seems to be very limited. Is there a way to
    > identify the what shell is used and what features it has?

    If you have the busybox source code, the configuration file will tell
    you what features it includes. Busybox Version 1.5 has ASH shell and
    scripting!!

+ Reply to Thread