unable to flash bootloader - Embedded

This is a discussion on unable to flash bootloader - Embedded ; hi, I work on freescale imx21ads board. Iam trying to use linux bsp and flash it on to board. I have installed bsp onto linux 2.4 kernel. But, when Iam trying to flash bootloader onto board using command, /bin/imx21_download --port ...

  1. unable to flash bootloader

    hi,
    I work on freescale imx21ads board. Iam trying to use linux bsp
    and flash it on to board.
    I have installed bsp onto linux 2.4 kernel.
    But, when Iam trying to flash bootloader onto board using command,
    /bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \
    0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob

    Iam gettin error as

    glibc_2.4 not found.

    Can any one help me in resolving this.

    thanks in advance

  2. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    sri wrote:
    > I work on freescale imx21ads board. Iam trying to use linux bsp
    > and flash it on to board.
    > I have installed bsp onto linux 2.4 kernel.
    > But, when Iam trying to flash bootloader onto board using command,
    > /bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \
    > 0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob
    >
    > Iam gettin error as
    >
    > glibc_2.4 not found.
    >
    > Can any one help me in resolving this.

    You host's glibc is too old. The imx21_download binary was built against a
    more recent glibc. Update your system. Or recompile imx21_download on your
    host.

    JB

  3. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    thanks 4 the information.
    I have glibc2.4 now.
    but Iam unable to connect my target through serial port using minicom.

    /bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \
    0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob

    After executing this, i get
    error: timeout waiting for responce from target.

    And in minicom, it always shows offline.

  4. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    On Mar 24, 5:14 pm, sri wrote:
    > thanks 4 the information.
    > I have glibc2.4 now.
    > but Iam unable to connect my target through serial port using minicom.
    >
    > /bin/imx21_download --port /dev/ttyS0 --addr \
    > 0xc0300000 --stop_auto_boot /rootfs/boot/blob
    >
    > After executing this, i get
    > error: timeout waiting for responce from target.
    >
    > And in minicom, it always shows offline.

    Just some generic Ideas:
    1. First of all does the ttyS0 work ? Try in loopback test.
    2. Are you plugged in to the board correctly (Crossover or straight
    through cable ?)
    3. Is the board rates/parity etc setup correctly

  5. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    yes. My setup is proper.
    It is working fine when used with minicom 2.0, but not responding with
    minicom 2.1.

  6. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    hi,

    yes. My setup is proper.
    It is working fine when used with minicom 2.0, but not responding with
    minicom 2.1.

  7. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    hi,
    I have flashed blob using habtoolkit in windows and then followed the
    steps given in manual to flash the kernel onto target.
    after giving the following command in blob,
    blob> boot
    I get message
    uncompressing the image............................done, booting
    kernel.

    and then it hangs up. I tried to deploy using NFS and with NOR.
    But its hanging at the same place for both.
    Please help what to do next.....

  8. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    hi,
    I have changed from fedora 4 to fedora 5 and my minicom works fine and
    dont have any issues with glibc 2.4.
    But still it hangs when i give boot command in blob.
    Please help me where iam struck..
    I got message
    uncompressing Linux............................done, booting
    kernel.
    Now i get,

    uncompressing Linux............................done, bootin.

    and hangs.

  9. Re: unable to flash bootloader

    On Mar 31, 10:12 pm, sri wrote:
    > hi,
    > I have changed from fedora 4 to fedora 5 and my minicom works fine and
    > dont have any issues with glibc 2.4.
    > But still it hangs when i give boot command in blob.
    > Please help me where iam struck..
    > I got message
    > uncompressing Linux............................done, booting
    > kernel.
    > Now i get,
    >
    > uncompressing Linux............................done, bootin.
    >
    > and hangs.

    You are probably not getting any replys to this thread because you are
    discribing multiple issues.
    1. Is your minicom issue fixed ? How do you know that its fixed (ie:
    you have a booting blob etc that spits out boot time messages)
    2. Do you have a working blob at all, even a vendor provided blob
    3. Is your boot loader working ? If you are using one which one is
    it ? How do you know that its working ?
    When the answers to the above are clear we can try answering questions
    about booting linux.

+ Reply to Thread