What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linux platform? - Embedded

This is a discussion on What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linux platform? - Embedded ; I have an embedded Linux device and I want to run lmbench on this platform, just wondering what the options are for moving the lmbench bundle to the Linux device. As the Linux is a minimum configuration, I don't think ...

  1. What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linux platform?

    I have an embedded Linux device and I want to run lmbench on this
    platform, just wondering what the options are for moving the lmbench
    bundle to the Linux device. As the Linux is a minimum configuration, I
    don't think the lmbench source files would compile without any
    problems on the linux platform, my guess is that I would definitely
    need to compile the benchmark on a host and move the executables to
    the Linux device, but that would require modifcations to the Makefile
    of lmbench. I would like to know what the easist options are for
    benchmarking this embedded linux with lmbench.

    The device can only communicate through serial port with host, and
    possibly via ethernet as well if I have to do so, what's in my mind is
    to compile lmbench locally on my host and build the executables into
    the kernel image and then program the image into boot flash.

  2. Re: What are the options for moving files to an embedded Linuxplatform?

    On Mar 19, 1:18 pm, Wei Wang wrote:
    > I have an embedded Linux device and I want to run lmbench on this
    > platform, just wondering what the options are for moving the lmbench
    > bundle to the Linux device. As the Linux is a minimum configuration, I
    > don't think the lmbench source files would compile without any
    > problems on the linux platform, my guess is that I would definitely
    > need to compile the benchmark on a host and move the executables to
    > the Linux device, but that would require modifcations to the Makefile
    > of lmbench. I would like to know what the easist options are for
    > benchmarking this embedded linux with lmbench.
    >
    > The device can only communicate through serial port with host, and
    > possibly via ethernet as well if I have to do so, what's in my mind is
    > to compile lmbench locally on my host and build the executables into
    > the kernel image and then program the image into boot flash.

    You will need to cross compile lmbench for your target system. That
    means you will need a toolchain for your target that will run on the
    host system.

    Cliff

    http://bec-systems.com

+ Reply to Thread