Hi,

I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried
following:
[little client]
reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record
root@192.168.101.3::PRG-LOG/
ERROR: module is read only
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(805) [receiver=2.6.9]
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605)
[sender=2.6.9]
[/little dclient]

[server /etc/rsyncd.conf]
# Minimal configuration file for rsync daemon
# See rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for help

# This line is required by the /etc/init.d/rsyncd script
pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
use chroot = yes

# Simple example for enabling your own local rsync server
[PRG-LOG]
path = /usr/share/NovaxTSP/logs
comment = PRG logfile
[/server /etc/rsyncd.conf]

Any help would be appreciated! I don't know why it says the module is read
only, /usr/share/NovaxTSP is chmoded 777 and the user is root anyways.

Btw: I'm not using ssh because i want to avoid any password prompts and i do
not have a chance to get a key file and i settled on rsync rather than ftp
because we already have rsync installed on the server.
chEErs roN
--
chEErs roN