Avoid the invocation of default handler - Embedded

This is a discussion on Avoid the invocation of default handler - Embedded ; Hi, I understand that if an interrupt occurs , (Reference -> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~beej/g...c/signals.html ) the corresponding handler is called. But , if a second interrupt occurs before the first interrupt handler is able to reset the interrupt handler in its corresponding ...

  1. Avoid the invocation of default handler

    Hi,
    I understand that if an interrupt occurs , (Reference ->
    http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~beej/g...c/signals.html ) the
    corresponding handler is called.
    But , if a second interrupt occurs before the first interrupt handler
    is able to reset the interrupt
    handler in its corresponding handler, the default handler will be
    called.
    So, how to handle this scenario and avoid the invocation of default
    handler ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru

  2. Re: Avoid the invocation of default handler

    > I understand that if an interrupt occurs , (Reference ->
    > http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~beej/g...c/signals.html ) the
    > corresponding handler is called.

    Are you talking about (hardware-) interrupts or (OS generated) signals ?

    Both trigger "handlers" (mostly called ISR with interrupts). But the
    C-code of an interrupt handler in Linux also is called by the OS as a
    consequence of a hardware interrupt.

    -Michael

+ Reply to Thread