Cant read from Serial port - Embedded

This is a discussion on Cant read from Serial port - Embedded ; Hi every one, I am using an ARM development board from cirrus logic (EDB9302). My program uses a serial port, i tested my program on my PC, which runs on Intel chip and its running fine. The same program when ...

  1. Cant read from Serial port

    Hi every one, I am using an ARM development board from cirrus logic
    (EDB9302).
    My program uses a serial port, i tested my program on my PC, which
    runs on Intel chip and its running fine.
    The same program when executed on ARM board (using the second
    serial port available on board), the program can write data to the
    port but it cannot read data from it
    (which i figured out by connecting it to a serial port on PC).
    Any idea why??

    Details about the board: http://arm.cirrus.com/files/schematics/edb9302

    with regards,
    Prashanth

  2. Re: Cant read from Serial port

    prashanth wrote:

    > Hi every one, I am using an ARM development board from cirrus logic
    > (EDB9302).
    > My program uses a serial port, i tested my program on my PC, which
    > runs on Intel chip and its running fine.
    > The same program when executed on ARM board (using the second
    > serial port available on board), the program can write data to the
    > port but it cannot read data from it
    > (which i figured out by connecting it to a serial port on PC).
    > Any idea why??

    Wrong/missconfigured hardware handshaking?

    JB

  3. Re: Cant read from Serial port

    On Mar 14, 12:03 pm, Juergen Beisert wrote:
    > prashanth wrote:
    > > Hi every one, I am using an ARM development board from cirrus logic
    > > (EDB9302).
    > > My program uses a serial port, i tested my program on my PC, which
    > > runs on Intel chip and its running fine.
    > > The same program when executed on ARM board (using the second
    > > serial port available on board), the program can write data to the
    > > port but it cannot read data from it
    > > (which i figured out by connecting it to a serial port on PC).
    > > Any idea why??

    > Wrong/missconfigured hardware handshaking?
    >
    > JB

    thanks,
    the problem was with configuration.

+ Reply to Thread