Modem driver for embedded Linux - Embedded

This is a discussion on Modem driver for embedded Linux - Embedded ; I need to program a driver for a controller based modem. Could someone provide me with some informations and/or examples about how the software (driver and app. demo) can be designed?...

  1. Modem driver for embedded Linux

    I need to program a driver for a controller based modem. Could someone
    provide me with some informations and/or examples about how the
    software (driver and app. demo) can be designed?

  2. Re: Modem driver for embedded Linux

    Bogdan wrote:
    > I need to program a driver for a controller based modem. Could someone
    > provide me with some informations and/or examples about how the
    > software (driver and app. demo) can be designed?

    Do you mean a modem that is done without hardware in software for the
    system processor ant that can be used by the IP-Stack to do PPP ?

    AFAIK, for the OS the driver needs to look like a serial port driver
    (with a modem attached).

    Of course designing such a driver is really "interesting" task.

    -Michael

+ Reply to Thread