Linux RAM driver question - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux RAM driver question - Embedded ; Does embedded system require RAM driver , does we select it when build kernel ? When does it load , by boot loader or system Image , where is its Linux source folder ? Why a PC Windows do not ...

  1. Linux RAM driver question

    Does embedded system require RAM driver , does we select it when build
    kernel ?

    When does it load , by boot loader or system Image , where is its
    Linux source folder ?

    Why a PC Windows do not require RAM driver ?

    Thank for your teaching .

  2. Re: Linux RAM driver question

    On Feb 25, 8:44 pm, Kid wrote:
    > Does embedded system require RAM driver , does we select it when build
    > kernel ?
    >
    > When does it load , by boot loader or system Image , where is its
    > Linux source folder ?
    >
    > Why a PC Windows do not require RAM driver ?
    >
    > Thank for your teaching .

    You probably mean a RAM Disk. If so have a read
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li.../l-initrd.html

  3. Re: Linux RAM driver question

    Hi Janaka

    Thank for your great instruction .

    Janaka 寫道:

    > On Feb 25, 8:44 pm, Kid wrote:
    > > Does embedded system require RAM driver , does we select it when build
    > > kernel ?
    > >
    > > When does it load , by boot loader or system Image , where is its
    > > Linux source folder ?
    > >
    > > Why a PC Windows do not require RAM driver ?
    > >
    > > Thank for your teaching .

    > You probably mean a RAM Disk. If so have a read
    > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li.../l-initrd.html

+ Reply to Thread