spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error - Embedded

This is a discussion on spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error - Embedded ; In my device driver module, when I call spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lock, flags) after previously calling spin_lock_irqsave(&lock, flags), I get the following error: error: parse error before '-' token I am running Linux 2.6.10 on an MPC8248 processor....

  1. spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error

    In my device driver module, when I call spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lock,
    flags) after previously calling spin_lock_irqsave(&lock, flags), I get
    the following error:

    error: parse error before '-' token

    I am running Linux 2.6.10 on an MPC8248 processor.

  2. Re: spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error

    Bill wrote:

    > In my device driver module, when I call spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lock,
    > flags) after previously calling spin_lock_irqsave(&lock, flags), I get
    > the following error:
    >
    > error: parse error before '-' token

    Try to run a simple:

    linux-2.6.10 $ make clean
    linux-2.6.10 $ make drivers//.i

    This will run the preprocessor only on your source. Now you should be able
    to find the reason. As you are crosscompiling, don't forget the ARCH= and
    CROSS_COMPILE=.

    JB

  3. Re: spin_unlock_irqrestore parse error

    On Feb 1, 2:06 am, Juergen Beisert wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    > > In my device driver module, when I call spin_unlock_irqrestore(&lock,
    > > flags) after previously calling spin_lock_irqsave(&lock, flags), I get
    > > the following error:

    > > error: parse error before '-' token

    > Try to run a simple:
    >
    > linux-2.6.10 $ make clean
    > linux-2.6.10 $ make drivers//.i
    >
    > This will run the preprocessor only on your source. Now you should be able
    > to find the reason. As you are crosscompiling, don't forget the ARCH= and
    > CROSS_COMPILE=.
    >
    > JB

    I found the error. A while back, "asm" had been #defined to "asm-ppc"
    in the driver.

+ Reply to Thread