New to MontaVista Development - Help - Embedded

This is a discussion on New to MontaVista Development - Help - Embedded ; Hello and thanks for reading this. I am very new to MontaVista development and am in need of some resources as well as some advice. I am developing a Graphical User Interface for our client and I have no idea ...

  1. New to MontaVista Development - Help

    Hello and thanks for reading this.

    I am very new to MontaVista development and am in need of some
    resources as well as some advice.

    I am developing a Graphical User Interface for our client and I have
    no idea where I need to start.

    Our Development Kit came with DevRocket and Code Composer, but
    DevRocket is a Linux-only install and I can't find any information
    regarding how to develop Forms and User Interfaces using either. I
    also have installed Eclipse, have access to "org.eclipse.ui.forms",
    but I have no idea how I can set up Eclipse properly for compiling
    into MontaVista.

    Which IDE would you recommend?
    Can you point me in the right direction as to where to get the
    appropriate information with the tool you chose?

    Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to hunt
    this down all week and I'm eager to start.

    Thank you so much!

    --Dan

  2. Re: New to MontaVista Development - Help

    Don't your client have acces to Montavista Zone? I think you'll find the
    answers you seek in the forum or someone able to supply you with the needed
    knowledge to get started! Maybe some of the available webinars may help you.

    http://www.mvista.com/support.php

    Best Regards

    MMJ

    --
    MMJ

    "Daniel Tanner" skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hello and thanks for reading this.
    >
    > I am very new to MontaVista development and am in need of some
    > resources as well as some advice.
    >
    > I am developing a Graphical User Interface for our client and I have
    > no idea where I need to start.
    >
    > Our Development Kit came with DevRocket and Code Composer, but
    > DevRocket is a Linux-only install and I can't find any information
    > regarding how to develop Forms and User Interfaces using either. I
    > also have installed Eclipse, have access to "org.eclipse.ui.forms",
    > but I have no idea how I can set up Eclipse properly for compiling
    > into MontaVista.
    >
    > Which IDE would you recommend?
    > Can you point me in the right direction as to where to get the
    > appropriate information with the tool you chose?
    >
    > Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been trying to hunt
    > this down all week and I'm eager to start.
    >
    > Thank you so much!
    >
    > --Dan

  3. Re: New to MontaVista Development - Help

    Thanks for your reply.

    I'm not sure if the client purchased this directly or if we purchased
    it for use in the project, so I need to research how this will be
    done.

    I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction! Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread