External Interrupt - Embedded

This is a discussion on External Interrupt - Embedded ; Hi, I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the macro MPC85xx_IRQ_EXT ...

  1. External Interrupt

    Hi,

    I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a
    driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an
    external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the macro
    MPC85xx_IRQ_EXT to get the interrupt number and pass it to the
    driver and after that register the ISR. Now with a kernel 2.6.21 this
    macro isn't available because in the header file asm-powerpc/irq.h
    there is the
    option CONFIG_PPC_MERGE that disable those options. I think this
    problem is related to the migration of ppc code towards powerpc. I
    know that now there is the new device tree source file where I can add
    a device and its interrupt number but I think in this file I should
    describe only the platform device, and this device is not a platform
    device. Then, how can I get now this value? Is there some function to
    call? How can I perform this operation?

    Thanks in advance.

    Marco

  2. Re: External Interrupt

    Marco wrote:
    > I used the linux kernel 2.6.10 with a processor MPC8548E. I wrote a
    > driver for a device connected with the local bus. This device has an
    > external interrupt. In the local bus driver I have used the macro
    > MPC85xx_IRQ_EXT to get the interrupt number and pass it to the
    > driver and after that register the ISR. Now with a kernel 2.6.21 this
    > macro isn't available because in the header file asm-powerpc/irq.h
    > there is the
    > option CONFIG_PPC_MERGE that disable those options. I think this
    > problem is related to the migration of ppc code towards powerpc. I
    > know that now there is the new device tree source file where I can add
    > a device and its interrupt number but I think in this file I should
    > describe only the platform device, and this device is not a platform
    > device.

    The device tree can describe the whole system.

    > Then, how can I get now this value? Is there some function to
    > call? How can I perform this operation?

    Ask this question on linuxppc-embedded@ozlabs.org ML.

    JB

+ Reply to Thread