per-thread stats - Embedded

This is a discussion on per-thread stats - Embedded ; Hi, I am debugging performance issue of an embedded software system running on linux. I would like to know how much time each thread spends in each of its states - running, blocked ( on i/o, mutex ... ) , ...

  1. per-thread stats

    Hi,

    I am debugging performance issue of an embedded software
    system running on linux.

    I would like to know how much time each thread spends in each of its
    states - running, blocked ( on i/o, mutex ... ) , pre-empted etc.

    How can I get this information ? I am reading now about /proc
    data. Will /proc help ?

    thanks a lot
    shankar

  2. Re: per-thread stats

    Could someone please reply asap ??

    thanks

    On Jan 28, 7:04*pm, shankar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > * * * * * I am debugging performance issue of an embedded software
    > system running on *linux.

  3. Re: per-thread stats

    On Jan 29, 4:11 pm, shankar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Could someone please reply asap ??
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > On Jan 28, 7:04 pm, shankar...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I am debugging performance issue of an embedded software
    > > system running on linux.

    Try "oprofile"

+ Reply to Thread