BSP for AT91RM9200-EK... - Embedded

This is a discussion on BSP for AT91RM9200-EK... - Embedded ; Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200- EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?...

  1. BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
    EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

  2. Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    On Jan 23, 3:08 pm, twgray wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
    > EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

    I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of
    other systems. I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200.
    Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these
    processors.

    Cliff

    --
    ======================
    http://bec-systems.com

  3. Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:38:06 -0800, Cliff Brake a écrit:

    > On Jan 23, 3:08 pm, twgray wrote:
    >> Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
    >> EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

    > I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of
    > other systems. I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200.
    > Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these
    > processors.

    What is this openembedded that everyone is talking about? I have been
    using buildroot infrastructure for our custom board AT91RM9200 (based on
    ATMEL Dev Kit) and it works fine.

    --
    HBV

  4. Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    Habib Bouaziz-Viallet wrote:
    > Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:38:06 -0800, Cliff Brake a écrit:
    >
    >> On Jan 23, 3:08 pm, twgray wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
    >>> EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

    >> I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of
    >> other systems. I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200.
    >> Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these
    >> processors.
    >>

    > What is this openembedded that everyone is talking about? I have been
    > using buildroot infrastructure for our custom board AT91RM9200 (based on
    > ATMEL Dev Kit) and it works fine.

    Their web site is down at the moment (at least I can not access), so
    take a look at this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded

  5. Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    twgray ha scritto:
    > Does anyone know where I can find a Linux 2.6.x BSP for the AT91RM9200-
    > EK Atmel Arm-9 development kit?

    Hi Terry,
    you have various options :-)

    1. Standard vanilla kernel with AT91 patches
    ftp://ftp.eu.kernel.org/pub/linux/ke...2.6.23.tar.bz2
    http://maxim.org.za/AT91RM9200/2.6/2.6.23-at91.patch.gz

    2. OpenEmbedded
    http://www.openembedded.org

    3. Linux4Sam from Atmel
    http://www.linux4sam.org/twiki/bin/v...AM/LinuxKernel

    4. Our KaeilOS embedded linux (last but not least)
    http://www.kaeilos.com

    If these would not be enough, google may help you ;-)

    Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grssen
    --
    Marco Cavallini | KOAN SAS | Bergamo - Italia
    embedded and real-time software engineering

  6. Re: BSP for AT91RM9200-EK...

    On Jan 24, 8:22 am, anon wrote:
    > Habib Bouaziz-Viallet wrote:

    > >> I have built images using OpenEmbedded for the 9260EK and a number of
    > >> other systems. I assume it would also work well with the AT91RM9200.
    > >> Kernel support is pretty good in the mainline kernel for these
    > >> processors.

    > > What is this openembedded that everyone is talking about? I have been
    > > using buildroot infrastructure for our custom board AT91RM9200 (based on
    > > ATMEL Dev Kit) and it works fine.

    > Their web site is down at the moment (at least I can not access), so
    > take a look at this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded

    Look like the web site is back up :-)

    OpenEmbedded is just another build system for building embedded Linux
    distributions. Some of the reasons I use it are:
    - _lots_ of packages -- 1000's: http://www.openembedded.org/filebrow...d.dev/packages
    - fairly consistent and symmetrical build system
    - support for lots of targets: http://www.openembedded.org/filebrow...v/conf/machine
    - works on about any Linux workstation as OE builds many of the native
    tools needed

    Depending what you need, OE does a pretty good job. Each tool has its
    strength, so it really comes down to what need.

    http://bec-systems.com/web/content/view/63/9/

    Cliff

    --
    http://bec-systems.com