LCD-capable SBC? - Embedded

This is a discussion on LCD-capable SBC? - Embedded ; Hi all, I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are ...

  1. LCD-capable SBC?

    Hi all,

    I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
    computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
    as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I
    want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
    compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
    is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P

    Thanks,
    Ben

  2. Re: LCD-capable SBC?

    Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:08:09 +0100, Ben Eills a écrit:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
    > computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
    > as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I
    > want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
    > compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
    > is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ben

    Consider AVR32-Ap7000 as a serious candidate for your project.
    (avr32linux.org)

    --
    HBV

  3. Re: LCD-capable SBC?

    "Ben Eills" skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
    > computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
    > as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I
    > want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
    > compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
    > is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ben

    I saw a demo today of OpenEmbedded (Ångström) running on the AT91SAM9263,
    using an 800 x 480 screen.

    http://www.wapice.com/wapice_cms/ind...ask=view&id=64

    Ångström is X-Windows on top of Linux-2.6.x using the Gnome window manager.
    Check out www.openembedded.org for more info.
    www.linux4sam.org is also useful.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

  4. Re: LCD-capable SBC?

    "Habib Bouaziz-Viallet" skrev i meddelandet
    > Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:08:09 +0100, Ben Eills a écrit:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
    >> computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
    >> as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I
    >> want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
    >> compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
    >> is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ben

    > Consider AVR32-Ap7000 as a serious candidate for your project.
    > (avr32linux.org)
    >
    > --
    > HBV

    AP7000 is also supported by the dev branch of Openembedded (announced today
    :-)

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

  5. Re: LCD-capable SBC?

    Le Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:40:56 +0100, Ulf Samuelsson a écrit:

    > "Ben Eills" skrev i meddelandet
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
    >> computer project. It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
    >> as being able to drive an LCD. The GumStix modules are basically what I
    >> want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
    >> compatible with LCD panels. Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
    >> is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ben

    Hi !
    > I saw a demo today of OpenEmbedded (Ångström) running on the AT91SAM9263,
    > using an 800 x 480 screen.
    >
    > http://www.wapice.com/wapice_cms/ind...ask=view&id=64
    >
    > Ångström is X-Windows on top of Linux-2.6.x using the Gnome window manager.
    > Check out www.openembedded.org for more info.

    Unfortunately openembedded.org did not work. It would be funny to see
    running the Big Stuff X on AT91.
    > www.linux4sam.org is also useful.

    --
    HBV