Linux Vs vxWorks - Embedded

This is a discussion on Linux Vs vxWorks - Embedded ; Our company is in the process of replacing the outdated vxWorks OS. With the developments in the Linux world it is hard not to consider that when one chooses the embedded OS. I have seen some threads on this subject ...

  1. Linux Vs vxWorks

    Our company is in the process of replacing the outdated vxWorks OS.
    With the developments in the Linux world it is hard not to consider
    that when one chooses the embedded OS. I have seen some threads on
    this subject but they are all outdated. So please talk about your take
    on this subject. For this purpose, please consider the latest vxWorks
    offering (with kernel and user address spaces) and Linux offering from
    big vendors such as Monta Vista, WindRiver etc.

    I'm also concerned about the latency of the Real time Linux kernels.

    Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

    Arun

  2. Re: Linux Vs vxWorks

    "Arun" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Our company is in the process of replacing the outdated vxWorks OS.
    > With the developments in the Linux world it is hard not to consider
    > that when one chooses the embedded OS. I have seen some threads on
    > this subject but they are all outdated. So please talk about your take
    > on this subject. For this purpose, please consider the latest vxWorks
    > offering (with kernel and user address spaces) and Linux offering from
    > big vendors such as Monta Vista, WindRiver etc.

    I've used both vxworks and Linux, with a rtx extension, but
    now I'm currently using QNX6.3 os, that ha a very good
    posix library, and a very good compatibility with the unix/linux
    applications and it is an hard real time os, as vxworks.
    Bye
    brix

+ Reply to Thread