GDB Remote Debugging - Embedded

This is a discussion on GDB Remote Debugging - Embedded ; Hi Guys. I am running gdb server on my target & running a cross-compiled version of the gdb on my host (Linux box). I am able to establish connectivity, problem is when I invoke the client part of the gdb ...

  1. GDB Remote Debugging

    Hi Guys.

    I am running gdb server on my target & running a cross-compiled
    version of the gdb on my host (Linux box). I am able to establish
    connectivity, problem is when I invoke the client part of the gdb &
    specify a file for reading symbols

    (gdb)file /tftpboot/MyExec

    it reads the libthread_db on the local host /lib path i.e., /lib/
    libthread_db.so.1
    which should be the cross-compiled library which is somewhere in /opt/
    directory.

    I digged through gdb's help but couldnt find an option to force the
    library search path. Any ideas how do I get gdb to look at the cross
    compiled library path for the right library??

    Thanks
    /R

  2. Re: GDB Remote Debugging

    Ramesh R wrote:
    > I digged through gdb's help but couldnt find an option to force the
    > library search path. Any ideas how do I get gdb to look at the cross
    > compiled library path for the right library??

    set solib-absolute-prefix /path/to/your/cross/libs

    Juergen

+ Reply to Thread