Hi,

I am working on an Embedded Linux Project. And i wanted to clear a few
a doubts regarding the differences between Embedded linux vs regular
linux.

-> From what i understand, there is no difference in the two as they
are based on the same kernel
regular linux = enhanced version with extra features to increase
usability etc.
embedded linux = tailor made for the device. highly optimised.

-> Optimisation techniques are related to memory management -
swapless, without memory management unit
process
management - reduce latency, preemptive scheduling.
filesystem
related
(could you list a few more techniques of optimisation?)

Is my understanding of embedded linux generally right? Please respond,
as i am quite lost, and its urgent i have to make a presentation for
my prof.

Thanks

Regards
Sameer