writing a linker script - Embedded

This is a discussion on writing a linker script - Embedded ; hi Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ??? regards techie...

  1. writing a linker script

    hi

    Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker
    scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ???

    regards

    techie

  2. Re: writing a linker script

    On Oct 23, 11:19 am, "techie.embed...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker
    > scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ???

    Try googling for ld.
    One of the best link is below -
    http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils...l_mono/ld.html

    Karthik Balaguru

  3. Re: writing a linker script

    Le Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:19:32 +0000, techie.embedded@gmail.com a écrit:

    > hi
    >
    > Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker
    > scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ???

    Could you be more specific, What are "linker scripts " & "basics of Memory
    map" ?
    I think you should stay and learn make and binutils, e.g. O'reilly
    editor publish some good books related on GNU-make :
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/make3/book/index.csp

    > regards
    >
    > techie

    Habib.

  4. Re: writing a linker script

    On Oct 25, 11:46 am, Habib Bouaziz-Viallet
    wrote:
    > Le Tue, 23 Oct 2007 06:19:32 +0000, techie.embed...@gmail.com a écrit:
    >
    > > hi

    > > Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker
    > > scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ???

    > Could you be more specific, What are "linker scripts " & "basics of Memory
    > map" ?
    > I think you should stay and learn make and binutils, e.g. O'reilly
    > editor publish some good books related on GNU-make :http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/make3/book/index.csp

    Try this link that explains with a simple linker script example .
    Looks pretty good ->
    http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/d...d_3.html#SEC33

    Karthik Balaguru

  5. Re: writing a linker script

    techie.embedded@gmail.com wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > Can someone point me to some good tutorials on how to write linker
    > scripts, makefiles, basics of Memory map ???

    Do you have a real problem which could
    be used as an example?

    --

    Tauno Voipio