How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux? - Embedded

This is a discussion on How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux? - Embedded ; dear all, I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9 platform? which file in kernel should I modify?...

  1. How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    dear all,
    I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9 platform?
    which file in kernel should I modify?

  2. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    John Huntington wrote:

    > dear all,
    > I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9
    > platform?
    > which file in kernel should I modify?

    Mouse cursor or console cursor? For the mouse cursor there should be an API
    to control (X), for console cursor there should be control sequences to
    hide or show it (take a look into the ncurses library).

    Juergen

  3. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    "Juergen Beisert"
    ??????:fekf1u$85a$00$1@news.t-online.com...
    > John Huntington wrote:
    >
    >> dear all,
    >> I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9
    >> platform?
    >> which file in kernel should I modify?

    > Mouse cursor or console cursor? For the mouse cursor there should be an
    > API
    > to control (X), for console cursor there should be control sequences to
    > hide or show it (take a look into the ncurses library).
    >
    > Juergen

    Mouse cursor! It dispalys on a LCD screen, someone told me to modify the
    kernel to hide or dispaly it, but I don't know which file should I modify!

  4. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    John Huntington wrote:

    > "Juergen Beisert"
    > ??????:fekf1u$85a$00$1@news.t-online.com...
    >> John Huntington wrote:
    >>
    >>> dear all,
    >>> I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9
    >>> platform?
    >>> which file in kernel should I modify?

    >> Mouse cursor or console cursor? For the mouse cursor there should be an
    >> API
    >> to control (X), for console cursor there should be control sequences to
    >> hide or show it (take a look into the ncurses library).
    >>
    >> Juergen

    > Mouse cursor! It dispalys on a LCD screen, someone told me to modify the
    > kernel to hide or dispaly it, but I don't know which file should I modify!

    It seems you are running a fdev based graphical environment. Or an X based?
    If X based a better place for the modification would be the X driver,
    otherwise the framebuffer driver for your hardware.
    Or simply use a cursor theme with transparent images.

    Juergen

  5. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    I suppose you don't have any mouse hardware, so that you don't need the
    mouse cursor or you want to hide it and make it reappear at some later time.

    Could you not just position the mouse cursor off the screen by an
    appropriate system call ?

    -Michael

  6. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    John Huntington <03132301@163.com> wrote:

    > Mouse cursor! It dispalys on a LCD screen, someone told me to modify the
    > kernel to hide or dispaly it, but I don't know which file should I modify!

    If this is an X11 compatible environment this is relatively easy.

    have a look at this discussion:

    http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/01/1945245

    Sven

    --
    Microsoft ist offenbar die einzige Firma, die in der Lage ist, ein mit
    Office nicht kompatibles B黵osoftwarepaket einzuf黨ren.

  7. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    Transparent images maybe the best! Thank you very much!
    I don't know what is it based, but in the filesystem I can see some files
    and directories named X11 etc. !

    "Juergen Beisert"
    ??????:fenhui$kej$00$1@news.t-online.com...
    > John Huntington wrote:
    >

    >> "Juergen Beisert"
    >> ??????:fekf1u$85a$00$1@news.t-online.com...

    >>> Mouse cursor or console cursor? For the mouse cursor there should be an
    >>> API
    >>> to control (X), for console cursor there should be control sequences to
    >>> hide or show it (take a look into the ncurses library).
    >>>
    >>> Juergen

    >> Mouse cursor! It dispalys on a LCD screen, someone told me to modify the
    >> kernel to hide or dispaly it, but I don't know which file should I
    >> modify!

    > It seems you are running a fdev based graphical environment. Or an X
    > based?
    > If X based a better place for the modification would be the X driver,
    > otherwise the framebuffer driver for your hardware.
    > Or simply use a cursor theme with transparent images.
    >
    > Juergen

  8. Re: How can I hide the mouse cursor in embeded linux?

    Thank you!
    "John Huntington" <03132301@163.com> 写入消息新闻:feeqhj$t6u$1@news.cn99.com...
    > dear all,
    > I want to hide or display the cursor in embeded linux on ARM9 platform?
    > which file in kernel should I modify?

+ Reply to Thread