> I've pondered this message for a long time, it took a while to discover that
> your analogy is not very apt. We "DNSSEC-doubters" are not predicting rain
> instead of building an ark.
>
> In fact, we're not forecasting rain at all. To the contrary, we are
> wondering why people are proposing to build an ark, where an umbrella will
> do.

nothing less than this "ark" will improve confidence in dns results to the
point where every new application won't need its own end-to-end security
model to ensure that dns hasn't been used to spoof them. i think the useful
part of this discussion has already gone by; either one believes the vision
or one does not, and i don't expect any new converts in either direction.

archive: